You’re ready to sell your home, but have no idea where to begin. You’ve found the right resource.
Here are a few steps that will guide you through the process:
- Have a plan. Know why you’re selling, what you want (size, location, price) and what you can use for your down payment.
- Choose the right Realtor®. Do they have the know-how, experience and reputation to manage the sale of your home? Interview him or her as you would a new employee.
- Price your home. Conduct market research, upgrade and improve and consider market conditions.
- Improvements for maximum return. Visual appeal adds value to your home. Keep the exterior and interiors maintained and consider renovations.
- Real estate investment tips. Take advantage of the information in this section of the website.
- Expired listings. Why didn’t it sell? Homes fail to sell due to the wrong agent or marketing plan. Do your research and ensure you use the right one.
- Do it yourself (or FSBO). FSBO offers both pros and cons. Consider your time, qualifications and understanding of the process before you decide.
- Organize expenses. Pay off loans and credit lines, discuss who pays what and understand homeowner fees.