Why didn’t your property sell?
Sometimes, even the best properties don’t sell. When property doesn’t sell, it is extremely frustrating. But, don’t be discouraged. The reason your real estate isn’t selling may have nothing to do with your property itself. In reality, it may be one of the more desirable properties on the market. There are all sorts of factors that go into the timely selling of real estate. When you’re educated on all those factors and completely understand what’s going on around you, it’s much less stressful.
On average, I’ve sold Santa Barbara area homes for 4 percent more money in 30 percent less time than the average local Multiple Listing Service agent. Through experience, I’ve acquired sales tactics that work.
17 MISTAKES SELLERS MAKE WHEN PUTTING THEIR HOME ON THE MARKET AND HOW TO AVOID THEM
- Pricing Home Too High-Have a professional determine comparable sales.
- Profit, Ideas Don’t Include Repairs – Have a professional give you low-cost solutions to minor repairs that will yield big profits.
- Not Considering Other Financing Terms (Besides Cash) – Have a professional give you options that may be better than cash.
- Market Timing – Have a professional determine if the market cycle is poised to net you the most money.
- Providing Easy Access for Showings – There are many ways to show a home. Appointment only is the most restrictive, lock boxes are the least restrictive. Have a professional determine which is best for your lifestyle.
- Staging Your Property Correctly – Can you put items in storage? Create more light or music? A Professional real estate agent can help you.
- Choosing the Right Realtor® – Your Realtor® unfortunately can’t tell you how to solve this, but you can call me for a list of probing interview questions to ask each one.
- Believing that Selling Property is Seasonal – Don’t base selling decisions on the seasons. Property is always selling.
- Pricing Home Too Low – One reason to hire a professional is to make sure that no money is left on the table.
- Not using Current Marketing Technology – Make sure your agent is on the “Information Highway” with 800 Interactive voice recognition systems.
- Re Evaluating the Marketing Plan Every 10 Days The market, you, and your real estate require intuitive changes to the market and buyers.
- Believing the Agent is Not Doing the Job When There Aren’t Any Offers Did you know that 80% of your buyer activity comes from signs and the MLS? Even the most mediocre agent does that! If you have lack of showing problems . . . look at the price.
- Ignoring First Impressions From the Buyer Sales have been blown by unkempt lawns, cluttered closets, unpainted front doors, hard to work locks, dead light bulbs, bad colors, stains, unlit areas, and bad smells. Spend time on the little things, double up on your gardener, keep things cleaner than usual, “Marshall” the pets, a la U.S. Marine Corps style.
- Not Giving the Sales Effort Enough Time You should never give too little time to something which is inherently a long process. Estimate the time you have to sell and then add some time so that you are never put in the position of having to do something based on deadlines.
- Dealing With Unqualified or Unsavory Characters One of the best reasons to hire a real estate professional is that they have the ability to pre qualify a prospect financially before valuable negotiation time is lost. And more important, they have the tools to discover if a prospect’s motivation may be other than purchasing a house.
- Believing You Are Powerless to Make a Difference The top agents in the industry report that sellers themselves are responsible for 1 out of 10 sales! You can network with your business and personal friends, hand out flyers to your Personnel Department, and keep the house “ready to move into.” Your professional real estate agent should be ready to hand out all sorts of assignments to make the “team effort” successful.
- Testing the Market Never put your property on the market unless you really want to sell! Get ready for a professional sales push if you list with a great agent. If your plan harbors some indecision, be prepared for frustration because success is the agent’s objective.
Contact me, today! 805 563-4031 Together, we’ll identify the reason why your real estate hasn’t sold and actions we can take to rectify this.
I’ll design a customized marketing program for you, just as I have done for every one of my clients. I offer maximum exposure advertising, honest market analysis, and many specialized programs including a Risk Free Guarantee and Buyer Assistance Program.
Your property deserves a second chance! Pick up the phone and call me today at 805 563-4031, to discuss my plan on how I can sell your real estate. Then visualize your property closing escrow